It was such an amazing experience to stop for a few minutes and ask some women in our community what their favorite experience was being gifted time. Each of the women gave us a different answer, each one had a unique and specific experience. That is one of the most exciting things about non-traditional giving – you have to be specific, it is about thinking deep about the other person, empathizing with their life and then making the gift about them. Here are 5 ideas that we came up with around quality time, with our FAVORITE Route gifts to give when you spend time.
- Gift time AWAY – watching someone’s children, doing their dishes, walking their dog, or doing anything that carries someone else’s load so that they can have a minute to themselves or doing a special activity that they don’t have time for. Maybe helping someone with phone calls or doing some organizing for them. Try using your time to give someone else a little more time.
- Spend Time TOGETHER – This only works with the most special people. Who is the friend or family member who comes to you for advice, help, support? Give those people your time and listen to them. This simple act makes people feel TAKEN CARE of and ENCOURAGED.
- Gift your Expertise – what can you do, that would be a gift to others. This may mean teaching someone something that you know, maybe it’s helping someone with their business or fixing something in their house. What do you know that could bless others? Give them your time this year.
4. The Esther Vest – Our current favorite layer. An alpaca blend that is at once warm but not too bulky. You will love layering this beautiful piece with light or dark colors and will feel so great knowing that it was made ethically and your purchase supports each maker in Bolivia.
5. The Athena earring – gifting the good means giving with out purchasing AND purchasing with purpose. Each of our pieces has great purpose, the Athena is not alone. But these recycled glass earrings that are hand pieced have a special place in our hearts. They are the creation of an amazing women, Christine who was so moved by women that she has known come out of trafficking that she has used her expertise and time to create a jewelry line that helps others into a safe life and healthy employment! Try them out for you or a gift.
More next week on gifting words of AFFIRMATION! Have a wonderful week and happy ethical gifting!