It is time again to do some swapping. EVERYONE is cleaning out (thanks Marie Kondo), we have bags of goodies that no longer bring us joy, but might have A LOT of life in them still.
What to do?! Absolutely drop them off at whatever local nonprofit they could support…OR…bring them to one of our clothing swaps!
How To Swap
Bring 8-10 pieces of clothing OR shoes that are in GREAT condition and things you think someone would like. Please bring hangers if you have them (but hangers that you don’t mind losing).
When you arrive volunteers will be there to help you hang your things on the rack that coordinates with the size of the clothing. There will be tables for some items like pants and skirts that are difficult to hang.
START SWAPPING. You can hunt around, try things on and take 8-10 pieces with you (free of course).
We charge a small admittance fee to help cover our cost, you can find links to tickets HERE. It is AMAZING when you buy tickets before so that we have an idea of who can make it, but tickets are also available at the door.
WHY We Love to Swap
1. FREE CLOTHES – If one man’s junk is another man’s treasure – clothing swaps are the ultimate treasure hunt. It is so much fun to dig through and find things for FREE.
2. New Styles – EVERY time we do a swap we notice that a lot of people find pieces in colors or styles that they wouldn’t otherwise wear! It is so fun to push your style a little bit with pieces that are free.
3. New Friends – it is so fun to find people who are your same size, style and shape to swap clothing with. It is amazing how bonding these events are. Strangers start to style each other and comment on great pieces or finds that others are picking up. Over a snack or waiting in line for the dressing room, fun and really sweet conversations happen. It’s our favorite.
4. Reused Clothing – When we are done with clothing that we have worn for a while, or have things that don’t fit us anymore, most of us just take it and donate it somewhere, it is quick and easy. But tons and tons of that clothing can end up in landfills, or shipped over seas. A swap is a great way to make sure the things you are done with go to a good home!
5. The Challenge – Maybe your coming to the swap just for the free clothes and if so, awesome. Maybe you are coming to be with friends or to get rid of your clothes. Whatever might bring you into the door, you will LOVE how much you learn, are pushed and are encouraged while you are there. It is such an exciting experience to be in a group of women who could be competing for the same great top, but instead are helping each other hunt, putting together outfits, complimenting each other, acting shocked that someone would give up such great things. You will learn about fashion, talk about sustainable wardrobes, tips on styling and so much more.
Jump into one of our swap events to experience all of the happy, positive and fun vibes that go along with being in a room of women who are just as excited as you to be recycling, reusing and having fun!
Can’t wait to see you there,